My dearest Ella,
The idea for this blog came because of you! You are almost a year old and I have not documented many of our memories together. That needed to change. I am writing letters to you now, so that we can look back and read them when you are older. I want to remember these early years. I cherish this time with you & hope to document as much as possible. So without further ado, here are my favorite things about you right now, my beautiful little 11 month old..
- how fast you crawl & breathe quickly out of ecstatic excitement when I say the words ‘where is daddy?!’ after I hear the garage door open & he’s home from work. You crawl at lightening speeds to get to his feet & then pull up on his pants, with the biggest smile on your face.
- your eyebrows.. when you raise them out of curiosity or excitement. You are so expressive. I know exactly what you’re thinking.. when you hear a new sound or see a bunny dash across the backyard.
- when you’re chasing me (or I, you) & we’re crawling in circles around the couches.. you will stop & drop flat to your stomach, arms & legs sprawled out, & lay your cheek on the floor to look under the couch to find my exact location. I’ll be peeking under too & ‘catch you’ searching for me & you then you’ll smile or giggle.
- how you gently shake your head to ‘dance’ whenever you hear familiar music that i play for you.. & sometimes you’ll hum or let out an ‘uhhh’ as though you’re singing.
- our little playful ritual we have of peek-a-boo when I come to get you after your afternoon nap. (post with specifics about it to follow)
how you extend your hand, fingers clasped, with or without food in them, to ‘share’ with mommy & daddy. you love when we take pretend bites & enjoy the food you’re giving us.
- how you wave “hi” & “bye” to people (even strangers at times). But you especially like waving to us, mommy & daddy. Our favorite is from your car seat, when we wave in the rear view mirror & you grin & wave back.
- when you lay your head on our shoulder when we ask you to ‘give a hug’. my heart melts into mush.
I love you so,